Thursday, November 22, 2007

Attachment

I get log jammed a lot....seems like the only thing that helps to open the flow is silence....
when I sit in silence I clear my attachments.....yoga, sketching, morning walks help too, but I think it is the silence.....the clearing of all that clutters my mind.
Have a great day.....hope you like the quote below.
Love, Michele

Attachment

What is in the mind does not belong to the mind. The content of consciousness flows in and out. But mind is not the content.
Attachment to content creates a log-jam in the river of mind. It complicates and confuses. For everything that we want there is something that we don’t want.
This attachment is an attempt to control what cannot be controlled.

Every time you surrender ego, more ego comes up. That is the nature of the process. It doesn’t mean that you are doing anything incorrectly. It just means that you are going deeper.

-Paul Ferrini


No comments: