Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What will the neighbors think?


Like our new look? Orange you glad it is not your house??? Orange is one of my favorite colors......always wanted an orange house....took some convincing though......Mira asked "why can't I just have normal, boring parents?" when she saw it for the first time after school one day. Happy Day. Love, Michele


What will the neighbors think?
by markk

I'm having a two-ton metal
hamburger delivered & dropped
into my front yard at on shorewood dr.
tomorrow the shutters all come off the
house, to be replaced with elephant
ears, I'm installing a burglar-
alarm system in the guts of
the old treehouse in the backyard,
I'll be raising chickens soon, white
head-bobbing peckers all over the
yard, the driveway has always
bothered me so I'm having the
second grade class from sidney
fenn elementary school over to
paint it in oil-base, hopefully
it will come out looking like a
jackson pollack masterpiece,
last week i installed speakers
on the outside of the house, i
play rage against the machine
incessently, along with the
love songs of frank sinatra,
my mother-in-law stopped by
last week, she gasped, what will
the neighbor's think? i said, i
don't really give a rooty toot toot,
but if they've got any barrel-aged
bourban in those boring houses
of theirs, tell them to bring it
over, i'll be laying naked in a
chaise lounge on the back porch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, great poem!
guess i have some canadian whiskey, will that do Markk?

but, mind you, do stay up late but, not naked! or else, there won't be a drink nor spicy food! :)

Loved the poem!

Cheers!
V-E- na french fries!