Saturday, November 10, 2007

so much beauty


"It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was like, dancing with me. Like a little kid, begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and...this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a bad excuse, but it helps me remember... and I need to remember.... Sometimes, there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in."
American Beauty

2 comments:

pr said...

I use to live for the excitment, the buzz, the fervor of life, the constant hype...now I long for the silence...the bliss of silence. If it's a good day during my meditation I can slip into the emptiness of silence. Sometimes just for seconds, sometimes for minutes....there is a sweetness there beyond taste beyond the senses. People think I'm a freak when I express this but...the three days after 911 were the best days of my life...I am noise sensitive and on those three days....there was hardly any one driving, no planes in the air, no excessive chatter by the masses....NO NOISE. That's not the same as silence but it is a close second. I drove to the desert and sat on the boulders and the earth was quiet. I know what the American Indians must have experienced before the white man came.

indicaspecies said...

Such a beautiful post Michelle.
This posting reminded me of Louis Armstrong's 'What a wonderful world.'
Here's an interesting version of it with hand puppet show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zK2Y-Rmv5Q
Hope you enjoy it. :)