Saturday, June 14, 2008

be like gandhi


"One day Maharajji said to me, 'Do you know Gandhi?'

I said, 'No, I don't know him. I've heard about him.'

He said, 'Well, you learn how to be like Gandhi.'

And I couldn't quite gather what he meant, so the next day I went into town and I bought those little glasses Gandhi used to wear. But that didn't make any difference in my life. Then I got a mouse pad for my computer and there was a picture of Gandhi and it said, 'My life is my message.' That must have been what Maharajji meant."

- Ram Dass

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"My life is my message." I love that and need to take note. I recently started a new full-time writing job and am still adjusting to the juggling act. I've barely blogged at all in the past two weeks (or made time to read anyone else's)!!! But next to screenwriting, it's the kind of writing I love most to do. Anyway, thanks for the reminder to PRIORITIZE. Funny, just five minutes ago I posted a quote about that on my Word Trips blog. Or not so funny -- just another instance of noted syncronicity ... "When we do not do the one thing we ought to do, we have no time for anything else -- we are the busiest people in the world." ~Eric Hoffer

Michele B said...

I love that quote!!!
I am glad you are enjoying your job!!!
Yes, it is a big juggling act to balance it out.
if you figure it out....please let me know....I struggle with be organized so much.
so tell me about your new job!!!!!
Namaste,
Michele