Thursday, June 19, 2008

On being a mushroom

Marko up to bat
Mark pitching....Marko made it to third
Marko being coached by Coach Tom
Marko running for home



Hi!! I was feeling frustrated today at work because Mark called me and said we owe 10,000 to the goverment for federal taxes. (we filed for an extension) My friend, Roberta, (an awesome nurse that I work with) said that one of the social workers told her this quote.....Jean said it was a quote from her dad "if your only problems can be fixed by 50,000 dollars than you don't really have any problems." It is true...we have 3 healthy kids.....one which just played an awesome baseball game tonight...... very, very active grandparents that do so much with our kids. awesome friends and jobs we love...a wonderful neighborhood........daughters who love to dance and are able to do so much.....(I miss them so much this week...they are at orchestra camp at Balwin Wallace college.) what am I worried about? Thank you Roberta for putting my priorities in place!! Hope you love the quote below!!! Love, Michele
"I know a planet where there is a certain red-faced gentleman. He has never smelled a flower. He has never looked at a star. He has never loved any one. He has never done anything in his life but add up figures. And all day he says over and over, just like you: 'I am busy with matters of consequence!' And that makes him swell up with pride. But he is not a man--he is a mushroom!" --
The Little Prince

1 comment:

AutoDT said...

Hello Michele

We all face new and frustrating situations in life. It's how we deal with them that makes life so interesting and challenging. Simply 'be', and enjoy life, that transcends all known boundaries.

I hope you and Mark like this quote:
'A monk asked Chao-chou, "If a poor man comes, what should one give him?"
"He lacks nothong," answered the Master.
(Zen Mondo)

Namaste and peace to you all.

Cyrus