Sunday, June 1, 2008

journey of awakening


Dusty's biscuit container......he comes running if he hears me even move the container just a little bit!!




Today is my belly button birthday.....43.
I like that term belly button birthday and got it from a friend of mine. I later realized that it is a term used in recovery and the 12 step program...............where you celebrate another type of birth.......the day you become sober and free.
I thought that was pretty cool. so today my mom is taking me shopping and then we are all going to go out to dinner at the House of Hunan.....it is on the square here in medina........ My favorite place....my family, my parents and my aunt and cousins and their daughter are coming. We have a room reserved where you take off your shoes before you enter. It is a very cool and delicious restaurant. have a great day and enjoy the quote below!!! love, Michele



"The fulfillment of the whole journey of awakening, of realizing what we really are, is not simply so that we bask in this wonderful realization of freedom. It's something far beyond that, far beyond any personal idea or concern. It's so that, finally, life can express itself through us." -Adyashanti

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Michele!!! I've never heard of the phrase 'belly button birthday'...I like that! I love the quote too! Have a wonderful day with your family!

Love,
Kristie

Michele B said...

Thank you Kristie!!!
Hope you have an awesome day too.
Love,
Michele

AutoDT said...

May the gods of ancient Rome, Greece and Mesopotamia bring you happiness and peace on your 'belly button day'!

Namaste to you on this special day.

Michele B said...

Thank you Cyrus!!!

IAA said...

I embrace you with an outpouring of love and white light...may you be blessed with what you wish for most as you bless others with abundance from just the slightest second of your presence.
Happiest of Birthdays to you!
Namaste, you're beautiful...thank you for Being.

Your friend,
Mikki

Michele B said...

thank you MIkki!!
thank made my day!!!

indicaspecies said...

Belated and apologies for that.

Happy Birthday Michele. May you have many many more to come. I hope you had a great time at the House of Hunan.:)

Unknown said...

Michele,

Happy belated birthday.. or a very happy day today too!

Miss you!

Laveena