Thursday, June 12, 2008

letting go


the poem below is the message that keeps showing up for me.....
letting go......no resistance........giving people the freedom to be stupid and
not having to change them. (for maybe I will find out later that I was the one being stupid.)
anyway...hope you enjoy the words below as much as I do!!!!!
love,
Michele



MANIC SCREAMING

We should make all spiritual talk
Simple today:

God is trying to sell you something,
But you don't want to buy.

That is what your suffering is:

Your fantastic haggling,
Your manic screaming over the price.

- Hafiz,
translated by Daniel Ladinsky,
*I Heard God Laughing*

4 comments:

Eliezer Sobel said...

For artists and creative folks of any kind, this is one of my favorites by Hafiz:

The
Difference
Between a good artist
And a great one
Is:

The novice
Will often lay down his tool or brush
Then pick up an invisible club
On the mind’s table
And helplessly smash the easels and
Jade.

Whereas the vintage man
No longer hurts himself or anyone
And keeps on
Sculpting
Light.

#

Great site Michelle! I met Ram Dass in 1975 and became his student, although I'm not sure I ever passed the course! I tell the story of the rather unusual beginning of our connection in the first chapter of my book,

The 99th Monkey:
A Spiritual Journalist's Misadventures with Gurus, Messiahs, Sex, Psychedelics and Other Consciousness-Raising Experiments
(www.the99thmonkey.com)

Anyway, thanks for sharing your inspirations!
Eliezer Sobel

P.S. Did you know that Ram Dass is active on the WEB from his home in Maui, and periodically does live internet talks? He's also available for one-on-one video conference. See www.ramdass.org

Eliezer Sobel said...

P.S. That Hafiz was also translated by Daniel Ladinsky.

Michele B said...

thank you!!!
I LOVE Ram Dass.
He has touched my life so much!!
thank you so much for stopping by!!
I will check that out...and your blog too.

Eliezer Sobel said...

Well I literally started my blog last night! So don't expect much...it's at the99thmonkey.wordpress.com