Saturday, September 27, 2008

finding stillness



above picture taken by Mira


Today I am posting what my friend, Kristie said in a comment.
She is a friend I met online...and her words always seem to connect with me.
She loves nature and is such a talented photographer.
here is a link to her website and her beautiful pictures:

Kristie's website

and below is a note she sent me and gave me permission to post.
have a great day.
Namaste,
Michele

I just wanted to let you know I've finished reading Eat, Pray, Love...what a wonderful book! One of my all-time favorites! I can really identify with parts of her journey...her words from her website sums up what I feel too, from my life journey..."I do feel that I am changed. There is a small, new holy part of me which I hold onto and treasure very carefully - cupping it in my hands like a freshly lit match. I try to protect that new part of me as much as possible from the sheering winds of 21st Century America. (Generally, this means avoiding particularly spastic invasions of too much television, consumer debt, competition, over-consumption, success-pressure, greed and other forms of our daily cultural life.)" I also liked how she spoke of finding stillness and stepping into our own light. Like finding the marvelous, huh! :)
Namaste,
Kristie

No comments: