Thursday, September 4, 2008

Peace

I took this peace pole picture.....guess where....at Omega Institute.
I think I tried to bring a piece of Omega home with me.......and in many ways I have,
I for sure have been meditating a whole lot more.....but for me, it is learning to how to hold that peace with all of the waves that come and go.
haven't quite figured that one out yet.....but I am taking baby steps toward that goal.
Namaste,
Michele





In my lifetime, I have lost my country and have been reduced to being totally dependent on the goodwill of others. I have also lost my mother, and most of my tutors and gurus have passed away, although I now have a few new gurus. Of course these are tragic incidents, and I feel sad when I think about them. However, I don't feel overwhelmed by sadness. Old, familiar faces disappear, and new faces appear, but I still maintain my happpiness and peace of mind.
The Dalai Lama

1 comment:

Meredith Simonds said...

I know what you mean about the challenge of holding on to the peace with all the waves that come and go -- in my experience those waves are relentless. I suppose the key is simply holding on to the faith that you won't drown if you simply let go and float along.