Monday, September 22, 2008

On Boredom


Macy took this picture.....in a moment of boredom.



One thing that our kids have learned NOT to say in our house is "I'm bored."
They don't say it because they know my typical answer.
which is something like "Can I tap dance for you or Juggle for you?"....then they usually get an extra chore to do around the house to keep them from being bored.



To me, boredom is a good space to explore your creativity or to just be with your feelings.
It is okay to just sit in silence sometimes.
Hope you like the quote below.
Have a great day!!
love,
Michele


I come not to entertain you with
worldly festivities but to arouse your
sleeping memory of immortality.

-----Paramahansa Yogananda

2 comments:

AutoDT said...

Love the picture Macy took!:)

Made me smile :)

Namaste to you and family.

Cyrus

Michele B said...

thanks Cyrus!!
I will tell Macy what you said!!
Namaste,
Michele