Tuesday, September 9, 2008

going out of your comfort zone


Macy took the above picture near the sanctuary at Omega Institute.

I really like the quote below......I asked Mira this summer before she started high school to try to do something out of her comfort zone weekly....then I started think that to myself today...what have I done out of my own comfort zone???.
I did go into a forearm stand last night....(well the wall was there in case I needed it for safety)
this is what one looks like:

but somehow...I know I did not look so graceful.....I think I was all red in the face.
but that was for sure out of my comfort zone.....so now I am going to make that a goal.....since I encouraged Mira to go out of her comfort zone weekly...I will do the same....this poem reminds me to do that too.



Come to the edge.”
“We can’t. We're afraid.”
“Come to the edge.”
“We can’t. We will fall!”
Come to the edge.”
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

Christopher Logue


No comments: