Sunday, May 11, 2008

Jacob's gift


This is an odd picture. Perhaps I should explain.
Somehow....I got connected with this family in Wisconsin who had a little boy that was on
palliative care for a brain tumor (which is comfort focused, no longer cure focused.) His name was Jacob.
I was asked to call the mom and talk to her about glyconutrients.....(I have two friends of our family that were to the palliative care point, one with breast cancer and one with renal cancer, that are now thriving and cancer free after starting on glyconutrients) anyway....I talked to this mom several times on the phone and really tried to help him. but he was already starting to shut down and I don't think they could ever get enough of the product in him.
Anyway for some reason I felt really bonded to him even though I had no idea what he looked like. Anyway on the day that Jacob died...I got phone message of his passing by a friend of their family......this is what appeared in my cup of coffee that morning.
I figured it was his way of saying hi.
I sent a copy of this picture to his mom, along with a framed poem that Mark wrote about him on a picture that Macy drew for his mom. He was the same age as Macy.
She later sent me a thank you note with Jacob's picture inside a star......it had this quote below in it......and that is why I am sooooo deeply drawn to the little prince.
Happy Mother's Day.
Love,
Michele



At night, when you look up at the sky,
since I shall be living on a star,
and since I shall be laughing on a star,
for you it will be as if all the stars are laughing.
You alone will have stars that can laugh!
And when you have got over your loss
(for we always do),
you’ll be happy to have known me.
You will always be my friend.
You will want to laugh with me.
The Little Prince

2 comments:

AutoDT said...

'The bond of friendship is a sacred and blessed one, but too many people take it for granted. This should never be so, if you wish to reach the stars of your imagination.'
(Cyrus Rumi, 12/5/08, 02:57hrs)

Namaste and peace to you all.

Michele B said...

beautiful Cyrus!!!
Thank you for sharing your light with us!!
Namaste,
Michele