Thursday, May 22, 2008

Play Ball


When I was pregnant with Marko, Mark wanted to find out the sex of the baby
and I did not want to know. so, during the ultrasound, the tech told him by secret code
she typed it to him. I just wanted it to be a surprise. I tend to be very intuitive on a lot
of things....but I was sure this baby was another girl. My mom and I washed all of Mira
and Macy's pink clothes and had everything all ready for HER. (but we painted the room
yellow ...just in case) Well you should have seen my face when He came out......I was shocked.
I was so sure that our third was a girl.
Anyway, after Marko was born and I was drinking my honey brown....(I always brought a bottled beer with me for all three deliveries and had it right after I delivered to celebrate
9 mos. without an icy cold beer)......Mark called my dad and said "Hey Clay, we got us a little Indian. (ie: cleveland indians)"
Well Marko is not exactly an Indian this year.....his team is the Mets.
(ironically Marko's team last year the DC Nationals beat the mets for the championship)
Anyway, Mark is an assistant coach again this year. Tonight was their first game....above is
a picture of Marko at the game.
They won......not that it matters who wins or looses....but they had a lot of fun.
My dad (the biggest baseball fan ever) and mom were there cheering him on.
I hope you like the quote below. I think it is beautiful.
Love,
Michele



Your opponent, in the end,
is never really the player on the other side of the net,
or the swimmer in the next lane,
or the team on the other side of the field, or even the bar you must high-jump.
Your opponent is yourself, your negative internal voices,
your level of determination.
--Grace Lichtenstein

No comments: