Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Why?

this is Mira and Macy about 9 years ago at my friend, Leslie's cottage
on Lake Chautauqua.....I have been going there with her since I was about 14.

It is beautiful there.....right on the lake....very relaxing!!
lots of questions below to ponder.

Love,
Michele




"Why is man the most restless, dissatisfied of animals? Why do wandering people conceive the world as perfect whereas sedentary ones always try to change it? Why have the great teachers - Christ or the Buddha - recommended the Road as the way to salvation? Do we agree with Pascal that all man's troubles stem from his inability to sit quietly in a room?"
From the flyleaf of
"The Songlines" by Bruce Chatwin


I do for sure believe the last quote is true and can tell when I have not meditated.
I start letting outside illusions get to me then....sitting in silence somehow connects me to the real stuff and centers me.
-m

2 comments:

indicaspecies said...

"wandering people conceive the world as perfect.."
Perfect may or may not be, but when I wander (travel), I find the world is more interesting!

What a cute picture of Mira and Macy.:)

AutoDT said...

'Meditation allows people to see and appreciate things from a different perspective. It's a powerful tool to create changes in yourselves and in others.Never underestimate its therapeutic properties.'
(Cyrus Rumi, 8/5/08, 03:36hrs)

Namaste to you all.